Friday, February 15, 2008

Doubt: a Parable Opened

Posted by Billy Christopher Maupin

I just got home from the opening night of Doubt: A Parable - well, the show was over around 9:30 or so, but there was a fantastic reception following. I think Joy Ross, Barksdale Theatre and Theatre IV's Patron Services Manager, said it best: "This is theatre."

Go see this show.

The script, direction, the set, the lighting, the actors. This. Is. Theatre. Tonight was completely sold out. Tomorrow is sold out. I hope every single performance sells out. It was an absolutely and incredible night of theatre.

I will be there again. Probably multiple times. I want to study these four actors, Duke Lafoon, Katherine Louis, Maggie Roop, and Irene Ziegler. Each of their performances is...

Go see this production.

No comments: