Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Ugly Duckling" Earns Beautiful Review

Posted by Bruce Miller
Julinda Lewis has penned a nicely written review of The Ugly Duckling, the theatrical divertissement now delighting pre-K through 2nd graders at Theatre IV's Empire Theatre. I'm not saying this simply because the review is favorable. I think it's a well written review, and I appreciate it.

You can find the full review at http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/entertainment/theatre_arts/article/UGLY05_20091004-230803/297547/, or you can read the quotes we'll be pulling, which are as follows:


“Rollicking Good Comedy!
Bright and child friendly
Sweet and charming ~ Clear and confident
A combination of classic and contemporary
An enjoyable evening of theatre
Very Agreeable!”

--Julinda Lewis, Richmond Times-Dispatch


Many thanks to all of Richmond's critics for their hard work and dedication. I'm looking forward to the "Artsies" next week.

--Bruce Miller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Bruce. I also think that this was a thoughtful, well written review and that it covered all elements of the show. Whether a review is good or bad, as a reader, I appreciate specific comments on the particular production rather than a synopsis of the show, which I can look up myself. I think Richmond reviewers generally do a great job, and I am thrilled to have such a variety of them. I tend to agree more with some than others, I sure that's true for everyone, but it's nice to that variety of opinions.