Thursday, May 10, 2007

Barksdale's New Zealand Office


Barksdale’s gone global! I’ve been single handedly manning our kiwi office for a year now. It’s a bit lonely at my staff meetings, but I get to eat all the donuts. That’s me in the picture helping to market Mame (from our 06-07 Signature Season at Willow Lawn) where I live on the Kapiti Coast of New Zealand… not sure how many people flew to the states to see it, but I did my part!

In the early nineties I was a touring actor with Theatre IV – something you can’t do from a distance - but for several years now I’ve been handling the websites and incoming emails for both Theatre IV and Barksdale Theatre. I’m second generation - my dad, Donny Printz, was Theatre IV’s master carpenter in the early eighties; my mom, B.J., started working for Bruce Miller and Phil Whiteway when I was in grade school, and stayed on for over twenty years. So I was thrilled that the internet and a phone with an 804 area code that rings in NZ allowed me to continue work as usual when my husband and I moved to the southern hemisphere and settled down under.

Occasionally a theatre goer is confused as to why someone at Barksdale is emailing them back at 1 in the morning… but it’s just part of our prompt and friendly global service. The kiwi office still has the lights on after the Richmond stage lights have dimmed for the night!

Jessica Daugherty
Internet Services Manager
Barksdale Theatre and Theatre IV

5 comments:

Sara Marsden said...

Wait, you get donuts?

catherine said...

how many theatres can boast of "prompt and friendly global service" huh?

Anonymous said...

Jessica rocks!

חקדדןבש רםבלד

Anonymous said...

And Billy Christopher is commenting from Israel. All together now: "It's a small world afterall, ..."

Anonymous said...

So I've always wanted to ask. Do the toilets really flush clockwise down there, and counter-clockwise up here?